Andiamo Cycling Club COVID-19
Group Ride Guidelines
UPDATED ADDITIONAL HEALTH GUIDELINES
1. You SHOULD NOT join the ride if you have any symptoms that might indicate that you're infected, you've tested positive less than [ten] days before the ride (even if you don't have symptoms), or if less than  days since you've been exposed to someone who has tested positive or has Covid symptoms.
2. You SHOULD NOT join the ride if within ten days you have travelled in an airplane or to an area with a significant rate of infection.
3. Facemasks MUST be worn before and after each group ride when socializing, also remember to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between each other.
If we all adhere to these main guidelines (and the ones below) we can ensure that we will all be safe and can continue to enjoy riding with the club.
General Health Guidelines
Riders should follow all public guidelines in terms of washing hands, touching exposed surfaces, and should not attend a group ride if experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
We at Andiamo Cycling Club are not experts on the spread of infectious disease. We have formulated our group ride policies in reliance on the publications issued by USA Cycling and guidance from the State of New Jersey. Therefore If you decide to join Andiamo Cycling Club for a group ride you are doing so based on your own judgment as to the safety of the Club's group ride policy and not in reliance on any opinions explicit or implied of the Club, its trustees, officers or members; you agree to strictly abide by the Club's rules on group rides as indicated below; and you acknowledge that you are assuming personally any and all potential risks associated with joining the Club's group rides.
Group size and physical distancing
Start and finish locations will be in large spaces (e.g. parking lot) to allow people to practice social distancing of @6ft.
Group rides will be limited to 8 cyclists. This includes the ride leader. The Road Captain (ride leader) has the discretion to limit the rides to fewer than 8 riders. This can be flexible based on the comfort level of the Road Captain and that of the group.
Sub groups may also be formed in the event of a large number of cyclists.
Keep large gaps between subgroups. A two-minute interval or 1000 yards will reduce chances that the subgroups will intermingle down the road.
Faster paced subgroups will depart first to reduce chances of subgroups intermingling.
Riders should keep at least 3 bike lengths spacing from the rider in front and 6ft apart from the rider beside if riding two abreast. Drafting and riding “on the wheel” are not allowed.
Be aware of other riders/runners/walkers and pass with enough distance to keep all safe.
While waiting at stop lights, continue to observe social distancing rules which means if you are beside or behind another bike there should be 6ft between you.
Face covering, sanitizer and gloves
Have a face-covering (mask, buff, kerchief, scarf etc.) with you and wear it in any gathering area or meeting zone. These are often public locations where others are present.
Have your face-covering available and use it at ride stops, during flats/mechanical repairs or if you do go into a store for refreshments or a restroom.
Remove your riding gloves prior to touching anything.
Carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you and use it after any stops where you touch anything any other human could have touched.
If you need to expectorate (aka. spit or fire a snot rocket), please go to the end of the line to do so. Do not spit or blow your nose when others are near or behind you.
Be respectful of the other riders in the group - some riders will be comfortable riding in a group, others may not.
Organized Club Rides
Andiamo Cycling Club Events
- Every Wednesday @3:00pm from December-MarchTempeWick Campground Access Rd-SUVs Only
- Every Friday at 3:00pm December - MarchRiver Road Park, Bedminster
- Every Saturday @8:10am (weather permitting)Municipal Parking LotEvery Saturday @8:10am (weather permitting)Municipal Parking Lot, 107 S Maple Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920, USAWe meet in the municipal parking lot. The "B" Ride meets at 8:00am and leaves at 8:10am sharp to ride the same 32 mile loop.The route is called “LC Saturday Ride” on Strava. Please ensure you have signed the Club waiver before starting.
- Every Saturday @8:00am (weather permitting)Municipal Parking LotEvery Saturday @8:00am (weather permitting)Municipal Parking Lot, 107 S Maple Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920, USAWe meet in the municipal parking lot. The A Ride leaves at 8:00am sharp to ride the same 32 mile loop.The route is called “LC Saturday Ride” on Strava. Please ensure you have signed the Club waiver. *The ride will be cancelled if raining or temperature is below 32F.
- Every Sunday @9:00am (weather permitting)Municipal Parking Lot
- EOD is finished for the seasonMunicipal Parking LotEOD is finished for the seasonMunicipal Parking Lot, 107 S Maple Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920, USAWe meet in the municipal parking lot every Wednesday from April to September. The EOD "A" Ride leaves at 5:30pm sharp to ride the same 26 mile loop. Rolling pace lines will be ridden most of the ride. *The ride will be cancelled if raining or temperature is below 32F.
- TBD on a Sunday @9:00amMunicipal Parking Lot
- Sun, Oct 18Tinicum Park parking lotOct 18, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDTTinicum Park parking lot, 963 River Rd, Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972, USAThe Covered Bridges ride is in honor of our dear friend Mike "The Chin" Franco who organized the annual ride over the beautiful roads and covered bridges of Pennsylvania. It is a longer ride of @60+ miles for the more experienced road cyclist. Meet at Tinicum Park in PA for 9am departure.
Join us on STRAVA
Keep up to date with Andiamo Cycling Club members and activities. Most members post their ride information and stats. It's a great way to keep you motivated and get updates on Club activities outside of our organized rides.
Thank-You to our Generous Donors
Please support them